SABATTI ROVER TAC 6.5 CREEDMOOR
- Target bolt-action rifle for precision long distance shooting
- Overboared barrels – between 22 and 27 mm at the muzzle.
- A more rigid shot – vibrations at higher frequency but lower range so as to reduce shot pattern dispersion on target
- The barrels are less subject to temperature increases to begin with. That combined with the final stress relief process they undergo reduces shot group dispersion on target to the minimum. It is the vibration barrels develop when they overheat and the release of residual tensions that causes the dispersion.
Barrels in Chrome Molybdenum Steel:
- The Chrome and Molybdenum added to the steel substantially improve its resistance to the wear generated by the incandescent ammunition especially to the first part of the rifling over that of traditional carbon steel.
- The bars of steel we use are all induction treated at the steel mill which then translates into a longer life cycle of our barrels.
Cold hammer forging:
- We rifle all our barrels by cold deformation rather than simply by subtractive manufacturing, which results in improved dimensional consistency and allows us to use steels with better mechanical characteristics (harder).
- frames and bolts are machined from solid blocks of high-resistance steel alloys. They undergo tailored heat treatments to optimize strength and durability.
- Our frames undergo a Neutral Hardening Process to achieve strength and resistance. After this is complete, the areas in the frames subject to the highest levels of stress undergo additional spot hardening.
- Our bolts with two front lugs undergo a case hardening and subsequent hardening operation which increases surface hardness and fatigue strength by creating a hardened surface layer and a hard core
- The rifle comes with a stock in high resistance Nylon charged with fiberglass to increase strength and reduce the risk of breakage.
- On request a fully adjustable cheek piece can be installed at the factory (up and down and left and right).
- Spacers to be positioned before the rubber recoil pad to adjust stock length are also available on request.
- At Sabatti SpA we cold hammer forge all our barrels in House. By controlling the entire barrel manufacturing process, we guarantee their absolute precision, reliability and durability.
- Very few rifles at this price point come with barrels of the same quality as the barrels hammer forged in House at Sabatti SpA. The result is shooting accuracy 100% guaranteed.
5.850 Kg with 22-mm barrel bore
WEIGHT 6.350 Kg with 27-mm barrel bore
- Excellent value for the money
- Excellent precision
- Very compact shot groups with minimal shot dispersion;
- Barrels that overheat less and produce minimal shot migration on target;
- More durable barrels – less wear and, therefore, improved precision over time
- Better stock adjustability with increased comfort
- HIGHER BULLET SPEED
- IMPROVED GROUP CONCENTRATION